Viewings Policy for Buyers and Tenants
Updated 21st July 2021
As COVID-19 restrictions are lifted and most legal restrictions have now been lifted at step 4, and many people have been vaccinated, it is still possible to catch and spread COVID-19, even if you are fully vaccinated, and we are still in the third wave of this pandemic in the UK. COVID-19 will be a feature of our lives for the foreseeable future, so we need to learn to live with it and manage the risk to ourselves and others. We have listened to our clients and colleagues and we know a lot of people will remain cautious. In line with government advice to act carefully, we feel it’s important to continue with certain safety measures to be on the safe side.
We will continue to be very much vendor led and will follow their wishes and requirements when arranging viewing appointments. Please do not be offended if we ask more questions than usual about your personal circumstances.
We will ask any prospective buyer or tenant if they are showing any symptoms or have been in contact with anyone that has within the last 10 days? Or if they or anyone in their household has been self-isolating within the last 10 days? If you answer yes to either question we will decline to arrange the viewing and record the information on our operating system for future reference. You will be advised that if anything changes before the appointment takes place in relation to the above then you must tell us and will not be able to attend the appointment. Safety of yourselves, Vendors/Landlords and our staff is our number one priority at this time.
Appointments will be carried out with every effort made to adhere to the government recommendations in which they still recommend the wearing of face coverings in enclosed spaces.
Viewers that are able to attend will may be advised of the following point’s dependant on vendor’s wishes in order to ensure the safety and wellbeing of everyone in attendance. Although these are no longer legal requirements we ask you respect anyone’s wishes when attending appointments and we believe these are in the best interests of ALL parties:
- Two adults will be able to attend viewings and at least one of these adults MUST be the prospective purchaser – children and other members of a family will not be able to come unless agreed prior to the appointment.
- To wear your own PPE in the form of a face covering. You may not be allowed into the property if you don’t have a face covering. The vendor or viewing representative reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone not wearing a face covering. If you are exempt for medical reasons please advise us at the time of booking.
- We request you do not touch any surfaces.
- Viewings are to be conducted in as short a time as possible (15 minutes is recommended).
- The agent or Vendor/Landlord will open doors in advance.
- The agent or Vendor/Landlord will wear a face covering during the course of the viewing, unless previously agreed in the case of Vendor/Landlord.
If the agent or Vendor/Landlord show any symptoms of the virus we will contact you to delay the viewing.
Contact your nearest office to discuss the policy or arrange your viewing.
Chadderton – 0161 626 5688 – email@example.com
Royton – 0161 626 9789 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Shaw – 01706 291383 – email@example.com
Uppermill – 01457 810076 – firstname.lastname@example.org