Kirkham Property is committed to protecting your privacy.
What data we collect about you?
When you call, email or write to us we will collect the following information:
- Your full name
- Your full address & postcode
- Your email address & contact telephone numbers
- Your reasons for buying or selling a property
- If you are buying a property we will require information relating to your buying position and proof of funds
- If you are selling a property we will require information relating to your ownership of the property
How will we use the information about you?
When you provide us with information, we will use it in different ways but particularly in the following:
- To establish identity and carry out Anti Money Laundering checks as required under the Money Laundering Directive 2017.
- (Where you are a vendor of a property that we are marketing). For the purposes of effectively marketing your property and subsequently progressing the transaction (upon successful sale). Any personal information may be required to be passed onto third parties such as solicitors, surveyors, financial advisors, other estate agents, photographers, energy assessors, third party contractors.
- Where you are a buyer of a property, we may use this information to complete a transaction with us. Any personal information may be required to be passed onto third parties such as solicitors, surveyors, financial advisors, iamsold, other estate agents, third party contractors.
- To obtain feedback on any properties you may have viewed with us. We will contact this information from you via email/sms/telephone and any information provided in this feedback will be sent to the vendor of the property.
By separate consent we may:
- Send promotional emails, post and/or SMS messages about new products/properties or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address and mobile phone you have provided.
- Notify you about changes to our services that we think may be on interest to you via email, post and/or SMS messages.
- Use your information to contact your for market research purposes either by email, post and/or SMS messages.
Disclosure of Information
We may pass you information onto third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our contract terms or protect the rights, property or safety of Kirkham Property, our customers/employees or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies for the purposes of fraud protection.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Paper copies of your data will also be stored securely and accessed by all employees of Kirkham Property as required.
Limited access to your data may also be given to third parties where you have said we can share your data with them.
We may collect information about your computer, including where applicable your IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
Access to your information
Under the General Data Protection Regulations 2018, you also have the right to ask for a copy of your personal information and to correct any inaccuracies.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to the address below as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Requests can be made in writing or via email and Kirkham Property will respond to your request for information within 30 days of the date your request is received. If you would like a copy of the information that we hold about you, please write to:
Kirkham Property (Privacy Officer), 590 Middleton Road, Chadderton Oldham Ol9 9SH or email email@example.com
We will require Two Certified Identification Documents to be provided in order to comply with any request in order to ensure your personal information is protected.
Your Right to be Forgotten
You have the right to request that your personal data is erased and Kirkham Property will action your request provided there is not a lawful reason not to do so.
When your request is received, Kirkham Property will provide you with the date in which your data will be erased.
Until such date, we will limit the processing that we carry out on your data to minimise impact to you. Your data will not be shared during this time, unless there is a legal or lawful requirement for us to do so, during this time.
Personal Data Breaches
In order to comply with applicable law, Kirkham Property has implemented procedures to detect, report and investigate personal data breaches. A data breach is defined by the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) as;
“A breach of security leading to the destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure or, or access to, personal data.”
The ICO must be informed of any data breaches which present a high risk to our clients and customer’s rights and freedoms and in line with applicable law, a notifiable breach will be reported within 72 hours of us becoming aware of it. The individual(s) involved will also be informed.
If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at the following address: Kirkham Property (Privacy Officer), 590 Middleton Road, Chadderton Oldham Ol9 9SH
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.