Fees for Landlords
To find out more about our fees for Landlords, please click the tabs below to expand information on each section.
Level of service offered
TENANT FINDER SERVICE – 1 MONTH RENT
(WE DO CHARGE VAT, THIS WILL BE CALCULATED ON THE RENTAL PRICE)
- Rental Valuation
- Advertising via internet and local press
- Supply “TO LET” board to property.
- Circulation of details to prospective tenants via our extensive mailing list.
- Accompanied viewing with prospective tenants, regardless of circumstance
- Implement full credit and referencing services
- Draw up tenancy agreements in line with the current Housing Act.
- Collect one month’s rent in advance together with dilapidations deposit equal to the first month’s rent
- Provide tenant with method of payment
FULLY MANAGED 10%
(WE DO CHARGE VAT THIS WILL BE CALCULATED ON THE RENTAL PRICE)
- Collect rent per calendar month and credit your bank account directly – issue monthly statements. All rents transferred by bank transfer unless otherwise specified
- Deduct commission and other works
- Pursue non-payment of rent and provide advice on rent arrears actions
- Arrange for the transfer of the utilities & local council tax in to the tenant name
- Undertake inspection visits and notify Landlords of the outcome
- Arrange quotes for necessary repairs– except in the case of an emergency. Estimates will be obtained and submitted for your approval in respect of works or redecoration, renewal, or repair. In the case of an emergency where we are unable to contact you we will act in your best interest
- Check out inspection and negotiation of any works needed at the end of the tenancy
ADDITIONAL NON-OPTIONAL FEES AND CHARGES (IRRESPECTIVE OF LEVEL OF SERVICE):
Setup Fee for Fully managed properties: £420 (inc VAT)
- Agree the market rent and find a tenant in accordance with the landlord guidelines;
- Advise on refurbishment
- Provide guidance on compliance with statutory provisions and letting consents
- Carry out accompanied viewings, (as appropriate)
- Market the property and advertise on relevant portals
- Erect board outside property in accordance with Town and Country Planning Act 1990
- Advise on non-resident tax status and HMRC (if relevant)
Inventory Fee – Preparation of inventory and photographs can be carried out based on property size price range from £59 – £99 plus Vat
Renewal Fee – £60 (inc VAT) – Contract negotiation, amending and updating terms and arranging a further tenancy and agreement
Property Checks These are carried out by a Kirkham Property representative. We will provide you with reports on our findings and photographs where possible, and can keep track of any ongoing maintenance required. Cost £60 (inc Vat) per inspection.
Tenancy Agreement drawn up for non-managed properties – £60 (inc VAT)
Kirkham is an ARLA Licensed Member
Client Money Protection (CMP) provided by ARLA
Independent Redress Provided by TPOs